Monday, February 06, 2006

RDB...

Had a frenetic weekend ( literally). After the chennai Dosa treat on Saturday, watched Lakshya. Thoroughly enjoyed it ( for the record, it was my first view). Priety and Hrithik are amazing. The theme is good, well shot and realistic ( for late birds like me, if you intend to watch it, please do miss the mountain treak towards the end). My flatmate Das, said that Laks...was life changing for him ( good for him), but did not feel anywhere close to that myself. So was a late Saturday night.

Sunday morning was dull and lazy till Lochan called to say that he would be going to the National science museum ( this was planned and aborted on saturday, so came as a bolt). It was 10:30 and he said he would start right away. So given my state ( I hadn't even brushed) so said no, then my GoGetIt ( alter ego ) called up Lochan seconds later to say yes ( It can be done). So hurriedly brushed and went to the Station. Akhil was going to Clapham so before we closed our main door he asked if I wantet to go to RDB in the evening. Again this was carried forward from last week so had to say yes ( totally forgot about the dinner I was invited to by Mathew). Did a quick check and confirmed that the show was at 5:40. So had to finish my museum browsing by 4:30. Heading for more trouble.

Took the 11:31 to Victoria, said tata to Ahil. Reached Vic, changed to Circle and was in South Kensington at around 12:10. Went into the museum and after seing the great steam engines felt I was running out of steam. So went into the Restaurant and caught up some lunch. Just then the rest of the Junta ( who disappeared to drop off their luggage in the cloak , returned with the proposal that they wanted to see the "Walking on the moon" 3-D movie by iMAX. This would again take an hour ( time crunch), I said OK and went to finish my lunch.

Later watched the movie ( my first 3-D movie , with glasses and all). Then broke up with the rest of the pack and began to explore the museum myself. Saw all the great steam engines, differential analysers, calculators, CRAY I, ships, planes etc. Had a good time. At 4:30 called it a day and left for vue@croydon.

Reached croyond at around 5 and had a burger at the station ( man I was hungry to the core), finally walked to the cinema hall just to find that my friends hadn't purchased my tickets. Had to wait for them after I had purchased my tickets. They arrived just in the time for me to catch the opening credits.

Then began RDB...probalby one of the finest contemporary urban young movies with real life type dialogues ( Aamir wooing sue with su-kar mere man ko...could relate to it). The next couple of hours was fun. Got a missed call half way through the movie ( knew it was Matt). The movie got over by around 8:45.

Went straight to Matt's place, boy what a rollicking time I had ( total bindass fun). Had a splitting head ache though, had loads of coke. Matt prepared some cherupaier. Fooled around with Saithaly and Thillai. Had dinner and headed home at 11:30. Then crashed.


HMTG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home