Thursday, March 30, 2006

Ugadi....

This Ugadi was the best I've had in many years.

Well it all started off rather inauspiciously. My company did not declare a holiday for UGADI and this was the cause for a heated discussion on our BB. I think I did well when ppl started throwing BrickBats at me, but finally the HRD had enough, and finally received a call from them. I didn't have to apologise though, thatz my bit of "hard" reasoning with the guys from the HRD. Felt good that I stood up for something, which I believed was right. Kicked some a** in the process.

That was on thursday, so decided to take a holiday for UGADI, Mom was very happy that I was back in INDIA for UGADI and the last thing I want to happen is I get stuck up at work and not be with her.

Ugadi day for absolutely fantastic. Sang the "Yuga UGADI kaledaroo..." to Mom, which has been the tradition for that past 10 years or so. Mom was full khush. Sis and Suresh were at home, watched some good programs on TV and had the pooja at noon. Called up DM and he agreed to come home for some evening snacks. Picked him at Sony world and he enjoyed the Obattu/Vada. Had some good discussion about MBA/Post MBA/careers etc. Nice person to talk to.

Post DM, felt a bit nostalgic about my mates. So went to meet Chetal G..., had been to his house last UGADI as well. His mom and dad were at home, and they brought up the dreaded M word.Now I'm almost immune to it. CG was cool, happy with VSign. Chatter with Ashu in chennai for some time, talked about investments ( talking of which, CG is worth almost 2 crores now, can you beat that). I felt ashamed for not having done enought, but its never too later, right.

So after some more eating and chatting, headed back home . But not before I paid my customary visit to the Ganesha temple at KML. Anshul G.. called up to let me know that he was back in Banga....so should make plans to catch up with him as well. Went back home to find Venkat Uncle waiting for me, now this was a bit embarassing, haven't spoken/visited him for years. I've promised to meet him this weekend. Then went to meet my good old Ravi, hmm...to much nostalgia here.

Ended the day with a visit to Geeta aunty and Giri, they would be joining Mom this suday to infy. So that ended a very memorable UGADI. Somehow, life has just turned a shade of rosy pink for me. It has been years since I've felt so good.

Hope you guys too had a great UGADI

HMTG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home