Saturday, March 18, 2006

Rolling off...

March 17 was my last day at RBS, and boy what a day it turned out to be. The day did live up to my expectation of an eventful and gratifying day.

Had to collect an envelope from M...so woke up early, but since M....woke up late, we couldn't meet up. Reached office at around 9ish, had to complete some changes to my CR project. Completed that in double quick time. Jim C took us out to Cafe Naz for lunch, it was a very good place ( considering it was at Brick lane ) and the food was excelent. After chit chatting about Jonathan Ross, the Nugget and the Apprentice. We decided to head back to office. Now Jim M has other plans, so we went into a pub and got ourselves drinks. I started talking about my "the" affairs of my state. Had a good time here, the highlight being Aras gulping down a Guiness in one go.

We now headed back to Goodmans fields, but we spotten another pub at the end of the street, so we had to go in. After another round, during which aras peronformed his usual trick, we finally decided to get back to office. Was around 2:30, I had another leaving drink planned at 4 and I had to get the approval for my CR. Shot out the approval mail, to which Jim's response was in the tune of nanoseconds. Now that sorted, I had to clean my desk. Big task that, and also get my "personal" stuff copied onto my TD. Binned most of the papers and stuffed the rest into my bag, and asked Brian to copy my stuff as he had an XP. Now, Atul lead me to a room , to give me a farewell present. I had not expected this, and i was a bit drunk. They gave me a book with everyone signing on it. Have not openend the book yet. Gave a small farewell speech, which was basically telling everyone as to how much I learnt from them. Vivek also chipped in with his bit, saying how well I picked up stuff and my client interaction skills. It was very touching, some were shocked when I said that I was heading to ISB. Shrirang had personally shopped for the book, good gesture.

Now, my drinks at White swan pub, reached at around 4:15 with Vivek, Debra joined us soon. Had a good time , with all having a good lauch. Shrirang relealed my plans to the RBS folks as thus..."kumar is gonna have a touch year ahead, and if does decide to join Infosys he would be very high in the corporate hierarchy". This had its effects. After some more drinks we decided to head back. I thanked Jim and Brian at Aldgate east station , telling them that it was a pleasure working with them. It was indeed.

At home, Deb and Akil has got some more drinks to have a party at home. Got some food from Rupaali and got drunk a bit more. Wathed HAASIL ( more about this sometime later) and finally hit the bet.

Saturday, has been a bit hectic. Bibek had gone home with Bhabiji and Jas to complete my Loan application. Sis then sent it off to hyderabad. Now I had to do some chocolate shopping , which I managed in doubly quick time ( have been doing this for 3 years now). Finally the feeling of going back home is settling in. I have a lunch planned for my other RBS folks at chennai dosa tomorrow. My flight is at 9:00 pm tomorrow, flying Jet.

My next update would be from my motherland INDIA

HMTG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home