Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Memorable day...

Today has been a very memorable day. Well lunch with M...at Tiffin bites and drink with Atul..at Bar one. Both rich in perspective and content. What a day. Fab.

Sis called up in the morning to inform me that my Demat linked account has been fozen, now I am racing again time to get my ESOPs vested. I have risked a lot to get them. Now I get this news, and I use the F..word on the phone. Patethic. Now sometime she would ask the question as to why and for how long have I got into this habit of swearing. Tried to make it up by saying that I would stand to lose lacs if I didn't get this deal. If you are staying away from home and if you have don't have any control on anything, let alone your bank account. Sis was worried that I would get tensed, and asked me to calm down. Had gotten up late and this put me back by almost an hour. So left home at round 9 am.

As this was not bad enough, I caught the wrong train ( I was totally lost today), caught a train to Victoria. Today was supposed to be a big day and this was not the way I had planned to begin. Got on with it, and changed at Victoria and got onto the District line, only to reach office at around 10 am, things weren't rosy at work, DOCs has goofed up bit time, and there was one tracker that I thought was a CR , Mike got the stick for it, but Arasan completed the change in doubly quick time and all wells that ends well.

Lunch with M....God please help me remember this day. Was rainning , had agreed to meet up at McD's at Liverpool station, reached there at around 12 and waited for sometime before M..turned up. Decided to go to Tiffin bites, M...explained as to why she had turned up a whole week late, I was only hearing not listening. Such clear conscience and such clarity of thought. Unblemished. Ordered for some food, and settled at one of the tables. M....had a lot to talk about, all the charities and all the social work. I never felt so inferior in my entire life as I felt today. The whole setting , raining , small shop opposite one of the most famous stations in the world is quite a setting. M...also taked about going to ILI, she has promised me to lead me to Mani, and a couple of other infoscions who are involved in charity work. This has changed me ! Thank you M...

Went back to office, and boy Arasan rules. He has been a phenomenon. Handling all things by himself. He will go a long way.

Drinks with Atul....boy the whole setting, raining, twilight, the read buidling view of RBS from bar one is similar to the day I returned home after Vinay got into IIMB. Just that I was the man making the moves. Atul is a man to watch out for, a man of value and substance. Had a couple of drinks and discussed a lot of career moves and strategies. He is CEO material.

And yes, called up the bank and because of providence ( had made a transaction a couple of days) and this saved me. Called up Sis and conveyed this to her, made her happy.

Thats in from me folks, a good memorable day.

HMTG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home