Thursday, February 23, 2006

Remote Transactions....

I don't feel empowered enought in the 21st centuy. Well the story is, Sis and Mom like the BSK site and agreed for the registeration this saturday ( from the planned date of 27th), and they expected me to take care of the dough. Now the problem is that my bank puts restrictions w.r.t the amount I can transfer online. So had to find ways of arranging it. I managed to handle the situation very well ( first test of my crisis management skills and also my persuation skills). I managed to convince Kav in Infy that it a fax from an authenthicated source should be good enought for her, to which she finally agreed. So had to go to Knightsbridge and get the fax / scan sent to Kav from there. Now I reach there with great difficulty ( forgot to take the location and how-to-reach guide) and when I did explain the situation , the lady in the bank started her usual hands-off talk. Now I had to get this lady to speak to Kav and given the notoriety of the 0800 number of Infy chances were very low, finally after a zillion attempts managed to get hold of Kavs. Now after much deliberation she got the the lady at the bank to send here the scanned copy of my letter and passport ( given that I could not send a fax from RBS propery, send the wrong side of the letter) things looked pretty safe. Only to find out later that Kavs mail server was slow, so had to forward the scanned documents to her again. Now her printer wasn't working so she had to go home without making the transaction.

Another anxious day, woke up at 5 and called Kavs, now she said that she would complete the transaction right away and did it. Called up home , just to find that Mom and Sis left to the Bank... how do you like that for timing.

BTW, M...replied. Work and Gym going good. Planning to shop for my DSC T5 this weekend.

HMTG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home