Sunday, March 12, 2006

Meet the people

Well this weekend was caracterised by one thing, PEOPLE. Met loads of them. Will start with what happened on Friday. NG was outside as she had locked herself out, and her friend was with her. Now I am their friendly neighbour, so had to take charge of charing her Mobile. Did that out of considerataion. Did get to chat up her friend, will ask M..about some housing help. Or should I ?. Well that was the first of the many acquiantances I made over the weekend. Ordered my DSCP200 at about 3 in the morning ( Raj...got me a promo coupon on the net which gave me a £7 discount)

Saturday, was mostly dis-oriented as I had an upset stomach, thanks to the channa batura ( with 1/2 kg oil ) I had at Chennai Dosa ( I met about half of my office junta here). As though that did not embarass me , the chair and tables are so awkwardly placed, that you literally stick to each other. Did not enjoy it a bit.

Marched on, wandered aimlessly at WhitGift, pseudo shopping and trying to find MP some WebCam as his GF was desp to see him. Now that we didn't achieve what we had set out for, did some shopping at SaveMore and headed home. Pseudo slept for some time and then got up to go to MP house. and Oh ! Met Vineet and Hari at CD.

MP's house was awesome, Deebu ( my Mal hero lookalike) , GV, MP, Saith.., Thillai and srijith were at home. Won the ArmWrestling competition, even without arm wrestling, that is the power of the toungue. After that, sat down to have some good food. Had some good dessert and then some good old chit chat. Then sat down to watch Gajjini ( I kinda like Asin). Slowly junta started to move out ( probably they had seen the movie , but the interesting part is I got my way in the screening of the movie). The show ended at 2. Walked home, just to find Raj and Atul watching some Sean Penn movie. Raj asked for an omlette as he hadn't had any lunch/dinner and I was in a good mood not to oblige. Slept at 3.

Woke up to watch the "Match of the century" live on the internet. Boy whatta match. SA chased 434 to create a new World Record. Enjoyed it. Lazed around, gymmed and went to Park Hill Park with Arasan, who had come down to meet me. Akhil returned from INDIA and got some of his friends ( Anand and Shanbag ) . And Oh! Atul was here , the whole weekend. That made it a truly People's weekend !

Not so good news about the camera, they want some Bank proof , which I need to fax them tomorrow.

Thantz it from me folks, mez feeling too sleeepy today.

HMTG

2 Comments:

Blogger Chiranth Channappa said...

Eww.. what made you order Channa Bhatura at Chennai Dosa? I've been there just twice, but I thought it best to stick to the regular South Indian fare there.

BTW, I have tried the Chettinad chicken there.. it was a bit too spicy for me, I had a watery nose for about 15 minutes :D

6:06 PM  
Blogger HMTG said...

Chiranth, well sometime my Irrational self takes control, so during one of those days ended up having what my other friends ( Northies ) had, and yes , most of them suffered too.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home