Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Back in INDIA

Finally I'm back in INDIA. But before I start about my experiences in INDIA, let me brief about the last few hours in the UK and the final flight home.

Sunday morning was a biz lazy, saw Fischicella ( sorry ! ) won the GP at Sepang and Alonso, came 2nd ( Yawn ! ). Missed the entire race to sleep and saw the presentation. Then began my packing, my room was in a mess so it was a Big Deal. M..called to hand over the package. Hmm....will I ever forget the walk down the lane !

Went up to NG house, surprised to see her in a Priety Zinta look ( with specs and all ), got confirmation that they would be joining me for lunch. Asked MP to book tables for about 15. Bala and Co and most of the invitees turned up, had some good time together at CD ( I'm bored to death with this place now..., but something pulls me towards this place always -- it is dead cheap out there ;-0 ).

MP and Aras gifted me a shirt and tie. Went back home , with only Debs at home, a bit disappointed that I would not be meeting my buddies before I leave. So called up Akhil and he confirmed that he would be rushing back home just in time.

Managed to click a few more photos and also managed to get hold of Akhil. Then the cab arrived at 5, but not before bungling Tavistock Court for Tavistock Gate. Neways, he was our good old Frank ( he has been ferrying me to the Airport for the past 3 years). Good guy, he was listening to the commentary of the fulham-chelsea match, and he just couldn't stop smiling when fulham beat champions chelsea. Finally reached Hearthrow at around 6:15.

I quickly checked in ( Jet has very good ppl at their desks) and then decided to have some grub. Went to BKing to get myself some ChiRoyale. Had a sump meal and then headed to the immigration. Went to my gate, and found that I had to wait for another 45 mins before the plane doors were opened.

Got a very comfy seat next to the window , with the seat next to me empty. Wow...when was the last time I has such a good time in the flight. Jet airways rocks. Watched 3 movies. Parineeta, Shivakasi and Hulchul ( the last when I was half asleep) and did not catch a wink of sleep for the entire duration of the flight ( Oh ! the excitement). Reached Bombay at around 11:00. Got my baggage, got through the immirgration and finally managed to get to the domestic airport ( the temp. was around 32 and the fact the india was struggling on the 3rd day of the 3rd test agaist Eng didn't help my spirits a bit). Had some somosas and a coke for lunch and lazed around in the longue, the gates opened at 1:30 . The final flight to home stared at 2:00.

Here too, the seat next to me was empty. The airhostess was a Punju ( name : Manprit ) and she was good, courteous and polite. She almost persuaded me to have lunch when I said I didn't want anything ( as I had a bloated tummy ) for lunch. Reached Bangalore at 3:30. Was out in double quick time, the Inf.. cab was waiting for me, so no trouble for transport. So I was back again in the dusty roads of Bangalore which I so dearly missed. Reached home at 4:30, sis was at home. Mom came in a couple of mintues later. Boy, home sweet home, what a place to be !

Have a good time folks.

HMTG.

1 Comments:

Blogger simran said...

chicken royale... have lots of it... ain't gonna get any in hyderabad... and for the MS in Cryptology... this University isn't offering that course yet :-)

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home