Monday, April 03, 2006

First Lessons

Had a good time this weekend. Apart from meeting Ravi(was a revelation, how times can change a person/his perpective and approach to life). Was OK! Had some coffee at CoWorld. Before that did some things I had to do(fixing my zipper for instance) and which I couldn't procrastinate any further. Neways, for the record, I had to attend to some urgent domestic chores. Accounting did give me a scare, so much that I asked Lala to give me some of his accounting books ( that he gave me my first lessons in Management would form the latter part of this post).

Had a good long chat whith Ashu ( coll mate, we plan to meet up this weekend, if he makes it to Bangalore). B... had called up and as usual started talking about $$$$. He just got into Unilever as an asst CompSec. Talk veered to She...., and how she is making 13L/M. I almost fainted, but then getting an AIR7 is no joke. B... has promised to give me an into sometime. How good is that ?

Sunday morning was F1, as usual had to fight for the TV with no less than 2 million ppl at home. Was interesting, but somehow I managed to sleep half way thru. Neways A...won it. Kimi was not too far behind, so there is still some hope left. Been to Ge... aunty's house for lunch, Gir...was a bit funny and aunty was exlainign how Har...did a good job of helping a drunk jack ass. Y'day was a big day for Mom, finally after 6 years, I got her to Infy, ( Gee..and Gir.. also accompanied us). Had a good time explaining all the "fundoo" buildings at Infy, and also telling her that "I used to work in this building X years ago). My guess is that she enjoyed it thoroughly. Went back home to find some guests waiting for my Mom's attention.

A great cook that she is, she make some "Obattu" for them/and us of course. Did carry them along to BS's house. Jas..was too happy to see Mom, and the vice versa is true as well. Gur...pampered mom to some IceCream. How difficult is it to be diabetic.

After all this, still had to go to Lala's place and get the Acc..books. Reached 4th blk at around 8:45. Talked for a while and then shopped for some more acc material. Chatted about my career aspirations( I had never articulated it better in my life). Had a some "street tips" from Lala, it was a pretty interesting talk and lala wanted to go on ( only if the shop could have been open till midnight). But then, lala said one thing that made me happy. "I feel I have company", given that he plans to expand his business, makes me feel happy about myself. If anyone knows me better, it should be Lala. He is a better judge of yours truly than myself.

Did try to catch up with AnGupta, but then he was already in the midst of his grub, so was turned down. So, pretty productive weekend, and Oh! forgot to mention. Was blogging quite a bit over the weekend, and was happy for Sim/PT. They are a kind who I guess are gonna be buddies for a lifetime, at least for some time in the near future at Mum...

India has done well to get to close to 300 at Goa. Now the result would depend on how best we get those 10 wickets.

Have a good time folks.

HMTG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home