Sunday, April 09, 2006

Destiny

Met Asfaq after almost 4 years and his opening sentence was "Hmm...are you doing anything about your tummy" - This coming a day after a bird told me that I have considerably slimmed down came as a convoluted shock. Now where am i going with my weight. My weight in the UK was sub-** and the next day I landed in Bangalore is cross ** by 2 kgs, Now i know that latitude impacts G and that impacts weight. Now if someone were to ask me my Weigth, I'm going to calculate my weight in a country which has the least G ! I' m annoyed as I haven't eated the Onion Dosa, i got this evening for Aunty and Mom.

Now coming to Ashfaq, had called him on Friday and he was on his way to Bangalore, even with a fever. So felt good. Also had plans to go to Sharan's wedding and Prasanna's engagement, that these funtions were in Tumkur, make my cancel my plans ( also my state of affairs were all that great to afford this break). So got my DL after 28 years of existence and shopped for some other accessories. Thanks Giri. And BTW, my HD has crashed and finally have to dump my comp of 10 years ( did my Nedit - a text editor on this one ). A bit of nostalgia. Have been biking around quite a bit ( have a black Pulsar). I'm digressing again, Ashfaq, had to meet up at Barristas at Barton centre, but with half the bangalore ppl already overflowing we decided to catch a coffee at the Barr joint at St Marks road, place is cool ( Hi Fi and all). Did my usual selling. Somehow things don't change b/w friends.

Headed off to get some shoes ( even ashu wanted to shop for some formal wear). Now as my weight, my feet too poses problems. I have a size 12 with the feet XXL wide ( my prev shoe has given me such a conch that I will remember to shop for shoe with care). Went to a Metro store , the salesman was super cool, must have tried out at least 25 shoes, before I got into a comfy one. I took almost an hour.

That done, walken into Clifftons ( I've been shopping here for almost 6 years for suits/blazers and formal wear, so know all the folks out there. As they didn't have my size 46 had to come back empty haded. After some more chat, bit ashu farewell.

Sunday a brand new day, as my Sis is expecting, there was a photo session. Also visited Punarvasam. Was a thrilling experience, seeing young kids have fun is a treat. Vivek has been volunteering with this org which helps mentally retarted/physically retarted kids for some time now. I inted to contribute to this org. Mani is a dedicated chap running the whole show, met him at this cloth shop. More about this and pics/videos if someone tells me how to transfer them from my N6600.

That apart, nothing much happening. ISB is generating a lot of positive vibe. I hope I contribute as much as I want to, to make ISB a global brand.

Random notes : Shame at Guwahati ( crowd erupts at rain washes the cricket match). Students are angry with reservations. I love Himesh Reshammiya

HMTG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home